Fiddleheads are amazing simply steamed for about 10 minutes and then served with butter, apple cider vinegar, and/or a dash of salt! However, after steaming them we love to add them to many dishes including stir-fry and especially scrambled eggs. Yum Yum! Fiddleheads freeze well and make awesome pickles. Here is another interesting recipe for fiddleheads as well-
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
10-14 oz. fiddleheads
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup grated swiss or cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped fresh tomato or 1 can diced tomato, drained
½ cup chopped fresh sweet onion
- Bring water to a bowl in a medium saucepan. Cook fiddleheads for 10 minutes, drain and cool. Chop fiddleheads.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°
- Mix garlic, fiddleheads, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
- Fold in cheeses and mix well.
- Lightly oil medium sized baking dish
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomato and onion and serve with crackers, bread or corn chips.