Since I was a child, nothing has said summer more than a fresh cucumber sandwich! I still love to spread mayonnaise onto some hearty wheat or oatmeal bread, cover with fresh cucumbers, sprinkle with salt and slowly savor and enjoy! Cucumbers are a staple of summer and can be enjoyed in many ways.
Here is delicious cucumber salad recipe for you:
- 4 cucumbers, thinly sliced Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl.
- ½ cup onion, thinly sliced Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan over
- 1 cup white wine or apple cider vinegar medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and pour over the
- ½ cup water cucumber and onions. Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate
- 3/4 cup sugar until cold. It can also be eaten at room temperature, but be
- 1 tbsp dried dill or 2 heads of fresh dill sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate for at least 1 hour.