A delicious treat on a hot summer day, broccoli salad is easy to make and so yummy! Although this salad can be made without the bacon, the combination of broccoli and bacon is the best part.
Broccoli Salad- modified from allrecipes.com
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup scallions or red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Before serving, toss salad with crumbled bacon and sunflower seeds.