Here is one of our favorite zucchini recipes! Savory and delicious!
Zucchini Parmesan Rolls~
- 1 lb. of grated zucchini (most large zucchini weigh just under 2 lbs)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 1/2 tsp. baking yeast (2 packets)
- 5 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Warm water
- Milk to glaze
- Sesame seeds
1. Salt grated zucchini in a colander and let sit for half an hour to drain off some of the excess moisture.
2. Mix flours, yeast, Parmesan cheese, and ground black pepper. Add in oil and zucchini. I often use my hands to mix this part!
3. Add warm water 1 cup at a time until you get a bread dough consistency, not too runny or dry. Knead the dough for 10 minutes, cover with a damp towel, set in a warm place and let it rise to double the size.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, punch it down, and knead lightly for 2 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 10-12 sections, rolling into balls in your hands and put in a greased baking dish. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Let the rolls rise double again in a warm place.
7. Bake for 25-35 minutes until cooked through. Serve warm with herb butter (see garlic recipes)!